Step by Step – Have a WebPart open links in a new window or target
I have seen allot of complicated write-ups on how to do this, everything from custom web parts, to having a field containing HTML and using the concat function to display it as HTML. This is how I was able to do it with a few clicks of a mouse. Here are two easy methods.
Note: Assuming that every link on this page will be opened in a new window or target frame.
1. Open your ASPX Page containing your Web Parts.
2. Right click in the view pain and click “Page Properties…”
3. In the Page Properties window change the “Default target frame:” option.
Note: Assuming you are comfortable with converting your WepPart to a XSLT Data View
1. Right click on your Web Part in the view pane and click “Convert to XSLT Data View”
2. Right click on any Hyper Link and goto “Hyper Link Properties”
3. in the Edit Hyperlink window click the button on the right that says “Target Frame”
4. Change your target settings to New Window or whatever variant you need
5. Ok. Ok. Save. Done